Want to learn how to make dairy free food? These five cookbooks can give you the recipes to do it!
1. The Ice Dream Cookbook. From, reading the description of this book, it seems pretty interesting It doesn't only cover ice cream. There are also recipes for cookies, sauces and compotes (fruit in a sugar syrup). I guess you can call it a dessert cookbook instead of an ice cream cookbook. (The title just seems a little misleading to me, thought it was only going to be about ice cream, oh well.) These recipes are all dairy free; some are even gluten and wheat free.
2. The Everything Lactose-Free Cookbook. This cookbook is a little misleading. It really isn't totally lactose-free. It's actually recipes that use ingredients with small amounts of lactose in it, so I would take caution if you cook from this cookbook. There is a milk bottle that indicates there is lactose in the recipe. Even though this book is misleading, the recipes don't seem half bad. Tofu Lasanga? Passion Fruit smoothie? New York Style Cheesecake? They all sound yummy to me!
3. The Uncheese Cookbook: Creating Amazing Dairy-Free Cheese Substitutes and Classic "Uncheese" Dishes. Cheese, please. The Uncheese Cookbook teaches you how to make cheese that you can eat. (dairy-free). These cheeses, after reading a review by Alisa Fleming, seem strangely good. I would think that dairy free cheese would be gross, but after reading her review, I might be convinced to try some. They don't seem that bad.
4. Vegan Cookies Take Over Your Cookie Jar. First off, it's a great title. Who doesn't want their cookies to take over your cookie jar? This cookbook can help you ease your sweet, dairy cravings with awesome dairy-free and egg-free versions of your favorite sweets: brownies, cakes, and, of course, cookies.
5. Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World. These cupcakes look like they're ready to take over your kitchen. Banana Split cupcakes with a simple frosting, Chai Latte cupcakes topped with powdered sugar and Linzer Torte cupcakes with a raspberry and hazelnut chocolate ganache are only three out of the more than 50 different types of frosting and cupcakes you can make. You will have a cupcake war with this book.